Photographs and Social Media
Code Club Inverness will:
- not use children’s names in photograph captions. If a child can be identified (i.e by their name-badge), avoid using the photograph
- use a parental permission form to obtain consent for a child to be photographed and videoed
- speak to the child, to ask their permission before using their image
- state written expectations of professional photographers or the press who are invited to an event. These should make clear the organisation’s expectations of them in relation to child protection
- if an individual, a parent or a carer asks for any photo to be removed or deleted, it should be done without question at the earliest opportunity
How does Code Club use my information?
The personal information that is provided by or obtained from you is used and/or held by us for maintaining our records and in order that we can communicate with you.
We need to communicate with you to respond to any requests for information. We may also use the information you provide to send you information which we believe may be useful to you, including newsletters, briefing notes and updates, and invitations to our other events.
By providing personal information through this site, such as completing forms, requesting publications, commenting on discussions, contributing to the blog or providing additional information, you are indicating your consent to our obtaining personal information from you and to the holding and use of the personal information that is provided by or obtained from you in accordance with this policy. All personal information is processed in accordance with the principles of data protection contained in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and Directive 95/46/EC.
If, at any time, you receive unsolicited material and no longer wish to receive such material or you wish to change, update or remove all or any of your personal information, please contact us.
Transmitting personal data over the Internet
Disclosure of personal information
Code Club Inverness will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties for their own use any personal information obtained from you without your consent.
Keeping your personal information secure
Code Club Inverness will take every reasonable step to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control.
Correcting and updating your profile
To help us keep our databases up-to-date we would be grateful if you would let us know as soon as any of your contact details change or if you notice any inaccuracies in them. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our databases, please get in touch.
Changes to the policy